The Degree of Swimmer may be conferred on those who take 8 of these tests:
*1. Can swim 100 yards.
2. Swim on the back 50 feet. (25 for L. L).
*3. Swim 50 feet with shoes and clothes on. (25 for L. L).
*4. Demonstrate breast, crawl, and side stroke.
5. Dive properly from the surface of the water.
6. Can dive into from 7 to 10 feet of water and bring from bottom to surface a loose bag of sand weighing 5 lb. (4 to 7 feet and 3 lb. for L. L).
*7. Demonstrate on land five methods of release from a drowning person who clutches you.
8. Demonstrate in the water two methods of release.
9 Demonstrate the Schaefer method of resuscitation (prone pressure).
10. Demonstrate safely crossing thin or rotten ice.
11. Have a knowledge of weather wisdom and tides.
12. Teach 3 fellows to swim. (1 for L. L).