The Degree of Sharpshooter is conferred on those who take 7 of these tests:
*1. Qualify as in "marksman" with the rifle in accordance with the regulations of the National Rifle Association.
*2. Make a bow and arrow which will shoot a distance of 100 feet with fair precision.
3. Make a regulation archery target - 4 feet across, with the 9-inch centre and 4 rings, each 4 3/4 inches wide.
4. Make a total score of 350 with 60 shots of bow and arrow in one or two meets, using standard 4-foot target at 40 yards or 3-foot target at 30 yards. (300 in L. L).
5. Make a total score of 300 with 72 arrows, using standard 4-foot target at a distance of 50 yards, or 3-foot target at 36 yards. (250 for L. L).
6. Shoot so far and fast as to have six arrows in the air at once. (5 in L. L).
7. See and map out 6 Pleiades.
8. See the Pappoose on the Squaw's back in the Dipper Handle.
9. Spot the Rabbit 3 times at 60 yards.