The Degree of Camp Craftsman may be conferred on those who take 15 out of these tests: 1. Have a knowledge of tanning and curing. *2. Can sole and heel a pair of boots, sewed or nailed, and generally repair boots and shoes.
3. Can dress a saddle, repair traces, stirrup leathers, etc., and know the various parts of harness.
4. Can patch a garment.
*5. Can make a lace or a button of a leather patch.
6. Make set of 6 camp chairs and a camp table.
7. Make a waterproof vessel of birch bark. *8. Repair a broken boat or canoe.
9. Repair a tent cover so it will not leak.
10. Make an axe helve or a hoe handle.
11. Can repair a leaky kettle or pot.
12. Can solder a tin.
13. Make a basket of wildwood materials. *14. Make an Indian bed.
*15. Make a grass mat.
16. Can fell a 6-inch tree in 60 seconds and drive with it a given stake.
17. cut down a 6-inch tree, and chop and split it into stove wood, using axe only.
18. cut and flat with 2 true surfaces a railway tie 8 feet long, 9-inch face and 6 inches thick, using axe only.
*19. Distinguish between rip saw, crosscut, keyhole saw, 2-handed crosscut and show how they are used.
*20. Show the right and wrong way of putting nails into two boards, one of which is to be fastened across the other.
21. Make a boat or a birch canoe.
22. Build a log cabin.