2. Splice ropes.
3. Can find, collect, prepare and use "wattap," that is spruce roots for canoe binding, etc.
4. Can find, collect, prepare and use gum for canoe gumming.
5. Use a palm and needle.
6. Fling a rope coil.
*7. Row, pole, scull, and steer a boat; also bring a canoe or boat properly alongside and make fast.
8. Can build a boat or built canoe.
9. Can make a paddle and paint it Indian fashion. *10. Repair a boat or canoe.
11. Repair a birch-bark or canvas canoe.
12. Must know the laws of mooring, beaching, caching, or portaging a canoe, also how to sit in it and how to change seats with another when afloat. *13. Can swim 100 yards.
14. Can swim 50 feet with boots, pants and shirt on. (For L. L. 25 feet).
15. Have sailed any 2-man craft for 30 successive days, 12 hours a day at the wheel - the other man not a professional sailor.
*16. Have paddled (single) a canoe on dead water, 1 mile in 12 min. (15 min. L. L).
17. Have spilled the canoe and got into her again, and baled her without help.
18. Have taken canoe camper's honor, that is made a continuous canoe or rowboat trip of at least 500 miles, sleeping out every night. (100 miles for L. L.
19. Have a knowledge of weather-wisdom and tides.
20. Can state direction by the stars and sun.
21. Can steer by compass.
22. Have taught a class to handle a canoe.