The Degree of Gleeman is conferred on those who take 8 of these tests: *1. Can open and lead the Council. *2. Light the Sacred Fire with rubbing-sticks. *3. Know the Peace Pipe Ceremony. 4. Know the ceremony of giving names. *5. Can sing many songs, including the Mudji-mukasin, Omaha, Zonzimondi, Bark Canoe, alone or as a leader.
7. Can tell many stories.
8. And know the art of "making medicine," which is the making of goodfellowship by seeking out talent, selecting and leading it and stopping without offending those who are not helpful.
9. Know how to conduct in initiations and have the wisdom to stop them in decent season.
10. As well as to sing the Good-night song when good night time has come.
*11. Have camped out 30 nights.
12. Teach some one else to run the Council.
13. Teach a dance to a sufficient number to give it.