The Spirit Of Christmas | by Henry Van Dyke
A Collection of stories and tales of Christmas
|Title||The Spirit Of Christmas|
|Author||Henry Van Dyke|
|Publisher||Charles Scribners Sons|
|Copyright||1909, Charles Scribners Sons|
|Amazon||The spirit of Christmas|
- A Dream-Story. The Christmas Angel
- It was the hour of rest in the Country Beyond the Stars. All the silver bells that swing with the toning of the great ring of light which lies around that land were softly chiming; and the sound of th...
- A Dream-Story. The Christmas Angel. Part 2
- Power corrupts itself, and might cannot save. Does not the Prince Michael remember how the angel of the Lord led the armies of Israel, and gave them the battle against every foe, except the enemy ...
- A Dream-Story. The Christmas Angel. Part 3
- Clear and sweet-clear as a ray of light, sweeter than the smallest silver bell that rang the hour of rest-was that slender voice floating on the odorous and translucent air. Nearer and nearer it came,...
- A Little Essay. Christmas-Giving And Christmas-Living
- The custom of exchanging presents on a certain day in the year is very much older than Christmas, and means very much less. It has obtained in almost all ages of the world, and among many different na...
- A Short Christmas Sermon. Keeping Christmas
- Romans, XIV, 6: He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord It is a good thing to observe Christmas day. The mere marking of times and seasons, when men agree to stop work and make merry ...
- Two Christmas Prayers
- A Christmas Prayer For The Home Father of all men, look upon our family, Kneeling together before Thee, And grant us a true Christmas. With loving heart we bless Thee: For the gift of Thy dea...